This article was created by our partners from the ad platform Galaksion and was generously compensated. Nevertheless, we agree with many points listed in this article and encourage you to read it, try other traffic sources, compare the results and draw your own conclusions.
What do you lose with Facebook use?
In this article, we will discuss why it is becoming increasingly difficult to make money on Facebook, and what is so good about an alternative in the form of advertising networks.
Remember 2015? You create an advertising account on Facebook and just start running ads. Quickly and without enormous efforts, you earn huge profit on white offers like utilities. Good times, huh?
Today, FB is suspicious of any advertising. Algorithms mercilessly ban even white offers while the affiliate’s life turns into endless farming of accounts. If the campaign was launched successfully, it is still highly likely you’ll face a ban. Contacting support is usually useless: taking care of advertisers is no top priority for the company. We will discuss why later.
It’s clear now about time loss and moral damage, but what about money?
Is it just me, or are Facebook Ads insanely expensive?
Practice shows that low costs are not about Facebook.
Over the past year, the average CPM has gone up by 89%, now being $11, and the numbers continue to grow by 30% every quarter. Advertising on FB as a whole has become 47% more expensive than a year ago.
There is hope though that all investments will pay off with a huge ROI. But what is the share of real profit here?
When working with Facebook, your ROI is no net profit. Deduct the costs of trackers, anti-detect browsers, SIM cards and bank cards for each account. Plus an impressive number of nerve cells and often wasted time. Is the final, usually very mediocre, ROI worth it?
But if not on Facebook, then where should I direct my advertising budgets? Fortunately, there are many alternatives. If you are tired of fighting with a huge heartless machine, then it is time for you to enter advertising networks.
Facebook vs Ad Networks
Let's say one affiliate decided to drive traffic through FB, and the other — through an advertising network. How different will their experience be? Let's compare the two platforms right now, with all the pros and cons.
1. Registration and campaigns launching. On Facebook, it is a painful process: a long verification of everything including documents. Still managed to launch a campaign? An instant ban or a long moderation (at least 24h) is awaiting. Especially if you are a novice affiliate.
Networks do not have such a problem, since there is no serious control from the regulators. Simple authentication (login, password, country, city) is enough — and here you have an account, high-quality traffic, and fast moderation (usually no longer than 1h).
2. Managing campaigns. One of the main advantages of Facebook is narrow targeting: the platform owns a huge amount of users’ personal data. However, narrow targets, firstly, do not always work as great as expected, and secondly, they are simply not needed for every offer. So why pay more?
In advertising networks, managing campaigns is much easier. There are all the necessary targets (geo, device, time targeting, etc.) and tools that, along with a competent strategy, will give high conversions faster and cheaper.
3. Platform interface. Hundreds of guides and courses have already been created about how to start working with Facebook Ads Manager. Say no more. An unprepared person is not permitted to enter this area.
To work in advertising networks, guides are not needed: everything is already intuitive. One can launch a Push, Popunder or Native campaign in a couple of minutes.
4. Flexibility. Facebook is interested in working with big businesses and big budgets, respectively (not to mention the political interests between which the company has to maneuver.) So we, affiliates, rather interfere with the company. They are not ready to allocate large resources for support here. You will have to solve all the problems yourself.
At the same time, any advertising network is interested in ensuring that every advertiser continues to cooperate with them. It's simple: networks earn together with you and literally depend on you. Therefore, it is in the network’s interests to provide high-quality support and always meet the customer halfway. This applies to working with campaigns and payouts too.
5. Pricing models. On Facebook, you can buy traffic only via CPM. Advanced advertising networks offer a CPA model — the most profitable scheme of work with, where you pay only for conversions. The campaign works — you get profit. You can find out what it's like on the Galaksion platform.
How to choose an ad network
Advertising networks like Galaksion are a tool that is easy to use and affordable for any budget. Yes, there is less traffic here than on Facebook, but it is much cheaper. The total number of conversions and ROI will be absolutely comparable to FB, or even higher. In addition, the majority of offers are given the green light here, the requirements for approval are minimal. Only adult campaigns and illegal products are prohibited from promotion.
The launch of the campaign is literally a minute of your time. Without long preparation and complex instructions. Only the most necessary settings and targeting. A link, ready-made free creatives, a prelanding page, an icon, a text — and you are ready to get clean traffic and then only optimize campaigns by zones. Our experience with FB has taught us that a lot of settings and a lot of high-quality leads are not the same thing.
For those who have not yet had time to try out traffic in advertising networks, we asked our partners from Galaksion for a promo code AFVAL15 to start: register and enjoy direct traffic with CPA payment!
Share the article
Read. Learn. Do. Earn more money on Affiliate Marketing