A new gold rush has surged into the life of anyone who wants to make a quick buck today. Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies have aroused great interest from traders and 2021 went down in history as the year when everyone experienced the dawn of the new digital economy that has significantly evolved since 2017 – the first year of the crypto BOOM.
Overall the picture is clear: crypto is here to stay. Insane profits, the lifestyle of millionaires on social networks, and the American dream came true. Following the success of Bitcoin, the market flooded with promising projects that have no less potential for growth and development and need recognition. Most of them put up affiliate programs and marketing bonuses for first users. Top crypto startups collect an average of $500 million to $10 billion at the investment stage level. Each crypto project has a clear tokenomics, which often states that partners and participants of affiliate programs receive up to 10% of all coins at the token distribution stage.
At its core, cryptocurrency is a mathematically verified system. Crypto has its own seasonality — these are the periods when it grows or falls. It is most effective to acquire crypto during its flushing decline or unstoppable growth, so you can earn a profit 2-3 times higher than during periods of calm. But at the same time, traffic costs will also be high due to competition.
Features of crypto offers and the most popular niches
Advertisers in crypto usually are companies that develop and maintain online systems. In these systems, earnings on cryptocurrency occur around the clock. Offers include the ability to earn money on the difference in the exchange rates of cryptocurrencies. After all, even the slightest fluctuations in exchange rates bring great profits. The crypto vertical is narrow, the quality of traffic is maintained carefully, fraud excluded. There is no point in working in bad faith as it causes substantial reputational risks.
Below, there is a list of the affiliate marketing offers that are typical for the crypto vertical. For your convenience, they are divided into a few thematic groups.
- Find out how to get rich fast
The category often includes crypto trading and analysis tools, training courses, webinars, e-books, etc. This approach seems to be a safe kind of crypto offer if your advertising complies with the rules of the advertising network and/or the chosen GEOs.
- Get rich fast
Such offers usually relate to the exchange of cryptocurrencies or brokerage services and are based on the promise of quick profits. In this case, affiliates often promote links to crypto platforms to generate demand or force users to make a deposit. However, be careful and avoid any false, aggressive, or unrealistic statements.
- Software in the field of cryptocurrency
Trading bots and other tools aimed to help people in the crypto industry track constantly changing trends and respond quickly to them.
Pros and cons of going crypto affiliate marketing
Advantages of choosing the crypto vertical:
- High income: from one deposit or lead, you can earn from $1,000;
- Most often, the affiliates receives payment without a hold period, that is, as soon as the task is done;
- There is a possibility of prepayment — part of affiliate programs give bonuses, since the search for leads takes a lot of time and money.
Disadvantages of crypto offers:
- Complexity for novice affiliates;
- We need well-developed creatives with a CTR of at least 0.5;
- Some affiliate programs are not trustworthy and practice shaving. They cut payments unreasonably.
What is a successful funnel?
Any successful funnel includes several stages:
1. Creative idea
2. Pre-landing page
3. Landing page
5. Letter/call from the broker
6. Making a deposit
On average, after the registration stage, everything depends on the broker and their advice, because in order to benefit from the affiliate program, a person needs to make a deposit of $500 and above. The average conversion from registrations to deposits varies from 4-17%. It depends on: relevance, thoughtfulness of creatives; quality of pre-landing and landing pages; effectiveness of the call center.
Payment models in crypto vertical
Crypto affiliate programs offer such pay-out models as:
RevShare — interest payments on all referral operations. The advertiser shares with the webmaster the income from the attracted client all the time while the client performs targeted actions. For example, a crypto-exchanger can charge a commission from a client and transfer part of this amount to a webmaster.
CPA — payment for a targeted action. This can be making a deposit, replenishing an account, making a cryptocurrency exchange, buying cryptocurrency.
CPL — payment for client registration. The affiliates receive a commission every time a client who has come from affiliate link registers on the advertiser's platform. The payroll here is lower than in CPA offers, and traffic is checked more strictly – after all, leads can be easily screwed.
The most optimal and attractive model is CPA. Here the highest payouts are up to $1,000—$1,200, depending on the GEO. Affiliate programs and advertisers offer different ways to withdraw money. For example, you can output to Wire, Bitcoin, Tether, Webmoney, PayPal, Payoneer, Skrill, Neteller, Ethereum.
You always need to target the right audience:
- Crypto offers are interested in solvent people with higher education and income from $130,000 per year;
- The main core of TA is men 25-40 years old, female investors make up approximately 22%;
- User interests for targeting — finance, exchange rates, events affecting the economy;
- Target user — a person who wants to invest money and earn, while spending a minimum of effort;
- Audience is attracted to platforms and services where you need to think, get new knowledge in the field of finance and profit.
Best GEOs for promoting crypto-offers
You can really increase your traffic when aiming at certain GEOs. Best GEOs for promoting crypto offers:
- First-tier GEOs
All the niches that we described above work perfectly both in the USA and in some European countries: Great Britain, France, Germany, and the Netherlands; all the niches included in the crypto application are available there. The average income in these countries is €1,500-2,000. For residents of these countries, the search for additional earnings is relevant. The main source of traffic is Facebook.
- Second-tier GEOs
These countries have frequent variability in interest and are also not suitable for the implementation of all crypto niches: Russia, Georgia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, and others. In these countries, the banking system is at a high level, the solvent population prevails. Due to permanent quarantine restrictions, users are interested in earning money online, willingly answering calls from call centers of affiliated companies.
- Third-tier GEOs
Although it may seem strange to some, experienced marketers know that targeting Tier 3 countries can be tantamount to winning the jackpot. Both the APAC region and the African countries of the EMEA sector have great potential to become large and very attractive markets for the crypto vertical. The best GEOs from Tier 3 countries: Brazil, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, and Mexico. Trading and training offers are popular here. The average earnings of residents are $500-800. In creatives, you need to focus on the simplicity of earning, on the possibility of improving the quality of life.
There are two targets in cryptocurrency - a crypto investor for fun and a crypto enthusiast: these are the ones we advise you to focus on, because the conversion rate in these social niches is above average. Remember, if you focus on GEO targeting, it is worth thinking about migration - Ukrainians and Russians often live in European countries.
Crypto affiliate programs support many GEOs and have localized multilingual landing pages. For the title and text of the creative, you can use materials from the landing page — this will simplify the work with the translator and improve the quality of the ad. If targeting works correctly, you can get increased crypto payments for some GEO or the right customers living in another country.
Traffic sources that are best suited for crypto offers
Advertising of cryptocurrencies is prohibited on social networks and search engines, so in order to circumvent these bans, use cloaking – special programs that distribute traffic. Show white offers to moderator robots (whitepage) and show the necessary crypto offers to target users. These applications get into the search results, increasing organic traffic. The need to use them is due to the fact that it is prohibited to promote cryptocurrencies in Google Ads. You can also use applications for affiliates, such as Binance, Coinbase.
Social Media Marketing
Telegram and Twitter can be considered the safest and most liquid social networks. Here you can create a community or channel, fill it with content, and buy advertising from influencers.
When running such a community, it is important to: carefully work out the content plan, focus on the audience, its level, mentality, behavior. Publish only unique content; solve audience problems: give real expert information, benefits, and knowledge; use the living history of the person on whose behalf the community is conducted.
When working with push, you need to choose financial thematic platforms where the target audience are persons over 30-35 years old. When making creatives for push, you can use the incoming message icon. This trigger works on user trust and increases CTR. But we advise you to focus on Premium sites — sites that show a high envelope; first target the widest possible audience, and then narrow the targeting.
We can use top crypto ad networks. Crypto advertising networks focus on promoting crypto sites, news and affiliate content, using artificial intelligence technology to generate high-quality traffic to access their advertising. In most cases, their global reach allows you to customize your ads according to your preferences in geographical location, timing and much more.
Top crypto ad networks include:
Email newsletters work great in conjunction with your website dedicated to cryptocurrency. The form of collecting leads on the site will help to gather a loyal base from which you can work to warm up and stimulate repeated deposits. You can also find a newsletter about cryptocurrencies and invite the author-webmaster to place his advertising in the letters. The conversion rate will be high if the audience is alive, opens and reads emails.
Ideas for creatives
The selection of a creative depends on the experience, interests, and behavior of the target audience: if they are beginners, the creative should be simple, showing benefits. Play on triggers and intriguing points: the American dream, prosperity, financial independence.
For the more experienced; show statistics, charts, graphs demonstrating the profitability of investments, expert articles, promo codes.
The figure of a successful personality in the picture is necessary – the client will relate himself to the character-model, the image of people causes more trust!
In this creative process, you need to use the pressing problems of the target audience. Give them a solution to their problems: the possibility and reality of receiving passive income without large investments; specifying the amount you need to spend to start earning – this amount is equal to a deposit! The success story, and even numbers – for example, the PNL from the last successful transaction.
You can take ideas from spy services (PowerAdSpy, SpyPush, AdSpy), adapt, and unify them using photo-unifying programs; create from scratch yourself, using Pinterest, Behance for inspiration; order from freelance designers inexpensively on Fiverr or UpWork.
Remember that a cheap farce is visible from afar, an important part of the success of advertising is creativity.
Tips for creating conversion landing pages
Landing is a great opportunity to increase conversion and attract an audience, and it will also increase coverage if SEO is set up correctly. Here's a few tips for creating conversion landing page:
- Help the user convert — explain the steps to get what your ad offers, that's what pop-up ads and a quality visual are for;
- Increase the credibility of your offer by including reviews, FAQs, or charts with data! FAQ and blog, and maybe even a Telegram channel for the event is an excellent solution. Here you can also explain the proposed product/service/benefits;
- Include all necessary disclaimers and risk warnings;
- This is a good moment to convince users of the security of interaction with your offer, especially with the cryptographic vertical;
- And remember: always add them to your company's stream, highlight new opportunities, and offer solutions;
- You can also create an interactive form to find out what the person who clicked on your landing page wants;
- Make a separate video, they increase conversion, you can add instructions on how to register on the service, what the user should do next to the pre-landing and landing page.
- Remember that you need to specify the minimum deposit amount!
There are many legitimate ways to optimize a cryptocurrency website for SEO. The optimization methods based on checking the compatibility of your website with the latest web technologies, which include:
- Search engine-friendly URLs
- The speed of the website
- The convenience of the website for mobile phones
Use keywords throughout the content and make sure that your website conforms to the best practices of on-page SEO. There is a proven list of the most popular and relevant keywords by which crypto investors often find information on cryptocurrencies. There are the most popular keywords for cryptocurrency websites:
- Crypto Wallets
- To sell
Do not forget to include the names of the coins included in the top 30 by capitalization. You can look up the tokens names and ratings on the CoinMarketCap website (BTC, BNB, ETH, NEAR, SOL, XRP, DOGE, etc.)
You can also create a PBN network where sites link to each other, occupy the top of the search and displace competitors. Buy advertising placements or publish guest posts on popular visited resources about finance, crypto. Or the easiest way: buy a ready-made project for the crypto with traffic and content.
Mini-guide on how to get started
If you are new to the field of crypto affiliate marketing, then you can save money and time on tests. Instead, check with the advertiser the main indicators for the offer and status: the cost of registration; CR on the source that you have chosen!
You can test offers with the CPL payment model! Test will allow you to evaluate the quality of traffic by the number and size of deposits, then you can return to the CPA format.
Do research using spy services: see how others do pre-landing pages, see how landing pages are done, and then do it according to a template, but with your own taste and a piece of creativity!
Constantly communicate with the managers of affiliate programs! They share contacts with each other, so it's possible to catch another crypto offer!
The DOs and DON'Ts
When starting your ad campaign for a crypto offer, you definitely should:
- Check back on your campaign and analyze its performance - to analyze and collect data in the crypto vertical, the following are used: A/B testing and split test;
- Optimize and adjust;
- Ask for help if something goes wrong with the campaign;
- Identify the top-performing setup - multivariate test. Several hypotheses are tested — at least 3 campaigns are launched for each one;
- Collect trustworthy base of customers
And these are recommendations on what you are not supposed to do:
- Don’t start with the most expensive traffic;
- Don’t start with narrow targeting, you’ll cut yourself from potential sources;
- Don’t start your affiliate ventures with traffic sources you know nothing about;
- Don’t repeat the mistakes;
- Don’t give up if your first campaign isn’t an overnight success;
- Don’t neglect to track your ad’s performance;
- The most common problems are incorrect targeting and uninformative unsuccessful creative!
Choosing an affiliate program with crypto offers
When selecting your perfect crypto affiliate program, it is important to consider several criteria:
- Availability and number of positive cases of other affiliates working with this affiliate program;
- Website and active social networks;
- Participation in conferences;
- It will be cool if there is a media buying department - in this case, the affiliate program is engaged in testing offers and it is already easier for the webmaster to launch campaigns;
- Adequate rates — if they are too high compared to other affiliate programs, this is a reason to stop, because the advertiser will not work at a loss;
- Number of payment methods, frequency, payment terms;
- Responsiveness of the technical support service;
- If there is a hold, the system is more stable;
- Ideally, they should have their own call centers with native speakers or tech support for each GEO;
- Availability of smartlink offers in the arsenal – smart links evaluate each click, and suggest the client the most valuable offer and the most profitable for the affiliates;
- Domain Parking;
- Gifts or promotions and privileges for active affiliates;
- Check the advertiser's reputation in the market and the timeliness of payments, establish contacts with the contact person of the advertiser before submitting an offer for affiliates.
Top 5 Affiliate Programs with Crypto-Offers
Payment models: CPA, CPL and RevShare;
Rates: up to $1200
Payment models: RevShare;
Rates: min $1000
GEOs: Europe, CIS, USA and Canada
Payment models: CPL;
Hold: 7 days
Payment models: CPA;
Payment models: CPA and CPL, as well as RevShare within 70%;
Rates: up to 1200$
Hold: 0-14 days
Cryptocurrency and blockchain are finally starting to gain recognition, these are no longer buzzwords, but something tangible and one of the alternatives to the future economy. Ups and downs are still happening, but the business will grow and develop further.
Affiliate marketing is less volatile in this regard, it makes the crypto vertical a very profitable niche for affiliate marketers.
Share the article
Read. Learn. Do. Earn more money on Affiliate Marketing