As an aspiring affiliate marketer, one of your main goals should be to learn from the best. You need to learn from those who are successfully doing it and are willing to help others grow in the field of affiliate marketing.
To do this, we are going to give you insights about one of the best affiliate marketers today and what he did to become successful. So, let’s introduce you to Neil Patel, one of the greatest affiliate marketers the world has ever seen. He has been acknowledged by top organizations such as Forbes, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, and the United Nations. Even president Obama recognized him as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs below the age of 30.
Neil Patel created a website that has the information and tools to assist you in your journey of becoming a successful affiliate marketer.
Why should you do affiliate marketing
Well, because there is no reason not to do it. Affiliate marketing like any other trade requires your time, and if you put in time and effort, you will earn money. But on like other trades, you have lots of freedom and many more choices. The potential of affiliate marketing is unlimited. There are always new things to try out. And once you grasp the concept, making money online will come easily.
Can you earn a living with affiliate marketing in 2019?
Neil Patel shares some insights into this situation by stressing the fact that it is possible to earn a living with affiliate marketing in 2019. But the truth is, it is not as easy as it used to be in its early years. You just need to know the key areas to concentrate on.
Neil made mention of a new way to succeed that many affiliates take for granted which is SEO. Optimizing your site to rank high organically, you will be able to surpass your competing and keep getting lots of income. The good thing about this is that you do not have to pay for traffic.
Nowadays, getting results may take longer than before, but your profits and margins are way higher. Neil Pater shares 5 steps with us on how you can start and become successful as an affiliate marketer:
Step 1. You need to check out the affiliate networks within the niche you have chosen. If your main goal for doing affiliate marketing is just to earn money, then you are going to find it difficult to be successful. If you are getting into affiliate marketing because you are passionate about it, it will be easier for you to put in the time and effort needed for your success.
Once you already have what you love in mind, go to affiliate sites like clickbank.com or offervault.com, and you will see the most popular products and their payouts in my space. This enlightens you on what others are promoting to make money. If you do not know how to go about it, you can call their online support and ask for more information about the product and how to begin promoting it.
Step 2. Now, move over to Google and do some searches about the product you want to promote. Here, you will be able to see all your competition. Next, you should create a list of the URLs of your competitions’ site and go to Ubersuggest and input each of the URLs. This will give you information about the sites and where they get their traffic from. You will gain lots of important information from here about your competition.
Step 3. In the site, click on Top pages, and you will see the most popular content that is generating the most traffic for your competition. You will be able to see all the keywords that the page is getting traffic for. The best keywords are the ones that have high traffic, expensive CPC, and low search difficulty.
Step 4. Your next step is to check out all the people who have linked to that content. Once this is done, you need to follow the above steps for all your URLs of your competition. This will give you an idea of the type of content you need to create to generate the most traffic.
Step 5. This involves putting all the information you have gathered into use. You need to create your unique content and start promoting it. You do not need to copy what they are doing but make better versions of their work. Your content needs to make people stick to your site. Now that you have created the content, you need to promote it. To do this, you can email all the people that linked to your competitions’ content telling them that you have a better version of that content and much more information that they may need. This will generate much for traffic for your content.
What are the best tools to use as an affiliate marketer?
Neil Pater also shared some insights about the best tools an affiliate marketer will need for his/her journey to success. But before that, Neil had some strong words for newbies. He insisted on the fact that it is not always about the tools but your willingness to use the tools and improve on your website and content. The tools are completely useless if you just know about them. You should be willing to take action and use the tool. So, without taking much of your time, here are the 6 best tools Neil suggest:
How to get more traffic to your site fast
Of course, there are many methods to drive traffic to your website, but Neil shared with us a special hack that can bring the traffic faster. The name of the hack is Subscribers. It is also one of the tools Neil suggested that all affiliate marketers should have. The good thing about this tool is that it is free and you do not have to pay a dime, and it works on every website. This tool notifies visitors on your website if they would like to receive notifications from your website. If the visitors accept this invitation, every time you put out new content or have a message to pass across you can notify them.
Once you log into Subscribers, you can send out any message to the people who accepted your invitation. You will also be able to see the messages that you have sent out and how people have interacted with it. Try not to spam our subscribers with messages as they may begin to find them annoying. Once every 2-3 days is the perfect amount.
What common mistakes affiliate marketers need to stop making?
You may be wondering why you do not see results despite following all the steps and instructions provided above. The thing is if you are doing the right things and an equal amount of the wrong things, you will not see any results. That is why Neil Pater shared with us 7 common mistakes you need to stop making.
- Not collecting emails is the first mistakes affiliate marketers make. Even if you are good with SEO or marketing, the percentage of your visitors that will convert to customers is still very small. Collecting emails will help to bring visitors back to your site and also convince them to make a purchase. Nowadays, people a secretive with their emails, and if they give you this information, it means they trust you, and you can easily convert them into customers.
- Not using push-notifications to gain subscribers – Push-notifications are the next big thing in affiliate marketing. The Subscribers tool makes it very easy. This feature will let visitors subscribe through their browsers when they are on your webpage. With this, you will be able to send them notifications whenever you want.
- Not building your brand – Google does not like to promote websites that are not brands. This is because they want to minimize “fake news”. Creating legit content and making visitors to trust you is the first step to build your brand. And with this, you will begin to rank high in Google searches.
- Not interlinking your content – if you do not link your content, people will not be aware of the other great articles or content you have. Linking your content will create awareness of your content, thereby, generating more traffic to your site.
- Focusing only on text-based content – Video is becoming the future of online marketing. This does not mean that texts are not good, but you should try mixing the two to make great content.
- Having only one marketing platform – there are so many platforms out there that you can use to reach out to customers. Do not limit yourself to only one.
- Not have a call-to-action – you may have lots of visitors on your site, but if there is no call to action, they will all go to waste because no one will be converted into a customer.
If you following all the tips provided above and avoid making common mistakes, then you are on the path of becoming a successful affiliate marketer. You just need to be consistent and do not fear failure. It is also part of the process which we emphasized in this article.
We hope that this article has given you the information you need. Share it with others in need of such information. we appreciate your ideas and comments, and we are ready to answer all of your questions regarding this topic.
Share the article
Read. Learn. Do. Earn more money on Affiliate Marketing
No comments yet. Be the first!